They say that one of the best ways to achieve your goals is to write them down. Couple that with the fact that I’m obsessive compulsive about making lists and relish the moment you get to actually cross something off, and I’m sold.
So today I’d like to announce to the world (or the few folks who are reading) my running goals. I’ll use these as motivation and a reminder for when days get tough and I wonder why in the hell I am trying to do so much.
- Stick to my 18 week marathon training schedule (more on that next week).
- Do a better job of tracking completed mileage and corresponding notes.
- Forget about “What I have to do next” while running and enjoy my time on the road more.
- Complete the California Dreamin’ Series and score some sweet bling-blang.
- Complete the Little Rock Marathon for a medal the size of my face.
- Spend at least one day a week focusing on speed.
- For the love of God…stretch! At least 10 minutes pre- and post-run.
- Explore at least one new running trail or location a month as the ones around my house are getting pretty stale.
- Run with friends at least once a month. We all know why and how that helps.
- Complete the Chicago marathon in 3 hours, 40 minutes and 59 seconds (or less).
- A bit further down the road…complete an IronMan triathlon by the time I’m 30.
- Convince Chicken Face to do a marathon by the time he’s 30.
I’m curious…what are your running goals and how do you stick with them?