Oh Hot Damn, This is Our Jam!

I wish I was a running purist, really, I wish I was. But the unfortunate truth is that I always have to have my music with me on runs. But lately I’ve been suffering from a severe case of IGSSOMRMIWTB. What? You’ve never hear of IGSSOMRMIWTB? Well it’s a very, very serious running complication and it stands for “I‘m Getting So Sick Of My Running Music I Want To Barf.” Medical professionals claim that four out of five runners suffer from this serious complication.

BUT…I have made a recent discovery that could possibly help cure IGSSOMRMIWTB. You!

So here’s what I propose: leave a comment with some of your best running jams. They can be indie, teeny bopper, or whatever, just list them out and I will create the ultimate running playlist that should (hopefully) cure all bouts of IGSSOMRMIWTB. I’ll then share the iTunes playlist with the world! But we need to get at least 20 songs on this playlist, so open up your iTunes and be sure to let me know which songs you would like to add to the list! GOOOOOOOOOO TEAM!

UPDATE: I just realized that Always A Reason to Run is doing the same thing as well, so be sure to check out her list of music for some inspiration too!

In other random news, I didn’t get in my 10 miles this morning because I didn’t get to bed until past midnight (which is waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime). Why was I out so late you ask? Well you know, Bruce Willis stopped by for a drink.

Ok, ok, I’ll admit that I felt like a total loser taking this photo, but I was at a work event for a new vodka brand that apparently Bruce Willis is co-owner of. Not really sure how or why, but Chicken and I wanted to go just to get out for a while. Plus, I got to hang out with my lovely friend Allison and her buddy who works for the CIA….or does he?

So 10 miles on the docket today; just crossing my fingers I can get off of work and back home in time to actually make it happen.

Happy Hump Day!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Oh Hot Damn, This is Our Jam!

1. TJ says:

Metallica’s Motorbreath for the hills. A little old school speed metal, but it will make you go faster, especially the line “Don’t stop for nothing, it is full speed or nothing.”

2. Melissa says:

Sexy Bitch [david.guetta]

Next 2 You [buck.cherry]

Can’t Touch It [ricki.lee]

Ready, Set, Go [tokio.hotel]

Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked [cage.the.elephant]

good luck with your 10 miles, you’ll kill it :)

3. Naomi says:

I went old school and added Cruel Summer (Bananarama) and Jump Around (House of Pain) back to my playlist (oh yes I did!). I recently added Outta Your Mind by Lil Jon and LMFAO.

BTW – Love the Bruce pic! :)

4. shoeshoegirl says:

Empire State of Mind (jay z?)
    Run This Town (jay z, again?)
    Under Pressure (david bowie)
    American Woman (jimmy hendrix)

p.s. – you were the inspiration for my post yesterday- keep at it with your 10 miles! xox

p.s.s. – i love that you and the fiance went out to the bruce/vodka event – so glam!

5. Abbi says:

At ‘Always a Reason to Run’, she is doing a similar thing. Here’s the link. I recently grabbed Galvanize (Push the Button) – Chemical Brothers after stalking that post and it is by far my new favorite running song!

6. Muse – Supermassive Blackhole (remember we heard it in the car?)
    Eric Hutchinson – Rock and Roll
    Kanye – Golddigger (this song never gets old to me)
    and You’re The Best Around …. HA!

7. shoeshoegirl says:

i need to edit my contributions – sorry. . .

american woman (Lenny Kravitz, not jimmy hendrix)
    Pour Some Sugar On Me
    Icky Thump (The White Stripes)
    Mambo, Italiano (Dean Martin)

Enjoy – can’t wait to see the play list!

i agree…. i’m so sick of my music too. epic fail. when everyone hooks u up with jams, make a playlist so i can steal it. k thanks <3

9. I’ve been getting into some old school Janet Jackson.

10. chacha says:

Hi there – jut found you’re blog via chicrunner and can’t help commenting on this topic :o)

I have a new running playlist that I’m hooked on – listened to it for my 8 miles this morning:

Passion Pit – Little Secrets
    Phoenix – Run Run Run <– can't beat that for a running song
    Phoenix – If I Ever Feel Better
    Citizen Cope – Bullet and a Target
    Edward Sharpe and the Magentic Zeroes – Home
    Phoenix – Listzomania (ok, yes, I'm a little obsessed with Phoenix)
    Phoenix – Lasso
    Dixie Chicks – Sin Wagon
    Matt & Kim – Daylight
    Coldplay – Strawberry Swing
    Lady Antebellum – American Honey
    The Rent song about the 525600 minutes, can't remember the exact name

11. Poundingthe(LA)Pavement says:

I’m a Hip-Hop kind of girl so…..

Stop the Party – Busta Rhymes
    Body on Me -Nelly
    Hustlers Anthem- Busta Rhymes
    Shine On- Nas
    Breathe- Nas
    Hip Hop Police- Chamillionaire
    I Do it for Hip Hop- Ludarcris, Nas & Jay-Z

12. Pingback: 20 Miles & A Wedding I’ll Never Forget « Twenty-Six and Then Some

13. Pingback: The Ultimate Running Playlist & A Craptastic 10 Miles « Twenty-Six and Then Some