What’s in a girl’s bag can say a lot about her…so much so that I thought I’d share it with you (and perhaps solve the problems to any lingering shoulder pains I’ve been having). Without further ado…I present to you what I schlep around during the weekdays (minus the trash, gum wrappers, and miscellaneous hair ties…):
- Lululemon messenger/gym bag: I wish I could link to this bag, but it appears that it’s not on their site anymore. But for whatever it’s worth, I LOVE this bag. The black exterior makes this bag my go-to gym/work bag so I can take it to the office discretely. But when you open it up… BAM…bright green! Plus, this bag carries SO much. Not quite sure how they did it, but I usually jam my running clothes in it with everything else, then clip my shoes to the carabiners.
- Magazines: Runner’s World is obviously my fav, but thanks to Amazon.com’s great deals, I still subscribe to good ol’ fashioned print magazines to help pass the time on Bart when I can’t score a seat.
- Laptop: My work laptop goes everywhere as I often bring my work home with me. I’m still lusting after the Macbook Air.
- iPhone and Blackberry: Yes, one for work. One for personal use. Both with Lola’s photo (I’m obsessed).
- Garmin: My Garmin’s name? Garmin. Always with me…just in case.
- Knock-Off Prada Wallet: I’m not proud of the fact that it’s a knock-off, but it’s just the perfect size and I guess I just need a new one.
- Notebook and Too Many Pens: This is my go-to notebook for work (from Target, of course). Everyday, I start off writing my to-do list here. This bad boy is my life.
- Coupons and Gum: I consider myself the queen of all bargains and if there is a way to get a deal…I’ll find it. This pink bag stores coupons and gift certificates. And then the gum, well because your breath never smells good after running.
- Necessary Junk: Laptop charger, car keys, work keys (with my NYC marathon key chain), brush, mace and Purell.
- Glasses: Both prescription glasses and sunglasses because near-sided vision sucks. Lasik, please!
- iPod Shuffle: The perfect running partner. Small, simple and perfect. Still needs a name…
- Bart Card: This lil’ man gets his own number because its the bane of my existence.
So there it is folks – sans the daily running gear.
Tell me, what’s in your workday bag that you can’t live without?