10ks In 10 Degrees

It’s sad but true…the four day holiday weekend is over. I am mourning the loss of family time, shopping and too much food, but I can happily say that it was a great holiday…even with the frickin’-freezing Turkey Trot Thursday morning.

This, my friends, is no lie:

photo

10-ohnmygodIcantfeelmylips-degrees. I thought I was prepared with tights and my long sleeve dri-fit tee. But when I put on my tights, I realized that I needed a new pair (they weren’t “holding” me in enough and all that booty bounce would be too much of a show), so I opted for my Lululemon Wunder Under capris and vowed to purchase new running tights (more on that later).

My beloved Sparks Turkey Trot had a new course this year and boy was it booooring. Literally two out and backs on a not-so-scenic route. Meh. But it was still great to see old and new friends and get out there in the fresh, albeit cold, air. Want to know the best part? Wait for it…these super sweet WHITE sweatshirts. Ha…I’ll give them credit for trying.

DSC01349

Look who I got to run the Turkey Trot with me? When he found out it was a 10k,  not a 5k, he wasn’t a happy camper.

DSC01351

The good news? I was pretty happy with my time as it’s my 10k PR: 41:01 / 6:36 avg. mile. This meant 3rd/157 in my age group (21-30) and 7th female overall.

The rest of the Thanksgiving holiday was simply perfect: dinner with my family, dinner with Chicken Face’s family, I bought my wedding dress (squeaaaal!), Thai food date night with my mom and Black Friday shopping madness. Black Friday was also the perfect opportunity to finally get new running tights: whala! New Nike tights that have great ventilation behind the knees as well as zippers on the calves, and a new Nike long-sleeved turtleneck. I was apprehensive about the whole “turtleneck” thing, but after my chilly run, it was a perfect! I would definitely recommend it as its tight enough to keep you warm, yet loose enough to not make you feel about like its suffocating you.
DSC01374

Perfect new gear for a perfect, snowy run with my parent’s pup, Chloe.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and was able to get out and run a bit.

This entry was posted in Clothing, Family, Holidays, Races. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to 10ks In 10 Degrees

1. Turi says:

I think I saw you out at the Turkey Trot, but didn’t get a chance to say hi. And hey, I PR’d too – but it was because the course was actually almost half a mile short. My watch read 5.78 miles. Pretty disappointed in the organizers for that…

2. J says:

White sweatshirts! Ugg. I always get all my white stuff gross and muddy! Congrats on the PR! That is awesome! i love the red nike shirt! I may have to put one of those on my Christmas list!

3. Kelly says:

Congrats on the PR and the wedding dress :)

Wow, that is an insane 10K time, nice job in the cold! Sounds painful just thinking about running in that kind of cold!

5. danica says:

You are insane! So quick pagina! :) Great job and chicken head even ran?! Sheesh, you are getting everyone amped up! Nice job out there and glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

6. shoeshoegirl says:

You bought your dress?!?!?!? HURRAH! So exciting Page! Am certain you look just glorious in it! Congrats! And Happy Holidays! Your next trip up here though, I call dibs on some wine time with you! xox

7. Keri says:

Aww Chloe is adorable and LOVE your outfit!

1st of all, amazing amazing job!

2nd, I just LOVE Chloe! Can i steal her?!?!?! She is beautiful!

9. Katie A. says:

WHOO HOO! Nice time girlie! And AG win! You are a rockstar! I want to be like you when I grow up ;)
    Glad you had a nice Turkey Day – I must find that Nike shirt, it looks so cozy!
    Have a great week!

10. Laura says:

And I thought my trot was cold! Nice job on the ridiculously fast time race time and for getting the old man out on the course!

11. mysocal says:

Awesome time! I thought my race was cold. It was in the 30′s and I was freezing.

12. ktarr says:

First of all, we need to get together ASAP. Second of all, how much do you LOVE the lulu wunder unders?!? I wear mine all the time. PS, I work there now. We need to talk more, lots of good things! Have you tried the Run Inspire Crop?? They have gu pockets! Ok, no more promo. Hope to see you soon. x0x0

13. Pingback: Searching For the Perfect Boston Training Plan « Twenty-Six and Then Some

14. Pingback: » Hip Hop Abs Twenty-Six and Then Some