I wish I had some super inspiring post for you today about all of the miles I’ve plowed through thus far and how 2011 is already off to a shining start. But…le sigh…this is not the case. Instead, the sickness that I thought I kicked during Christmas has only become worse and is turning out to be one of the worst colds I’ve had in years. Two solid days in bed, in and out of sleep, and one can get pretty loopy. So allow me to present to you, the top 10 things I’ve learned while being sick in bed:
- A diet of DayQuil and NyQuil (or the generic brand) can leave a girl hungry enough to eat her hand.
- Mario Lopez has his own reality show. Yes, it’s called “Mario Lopez: Saved By The Baby” and he wears just as much make-up on it as he does on Extra.
- It just may be possible to die by coughing, or at least I’ve felt like a lung may possibly find its way up my throat.
- When you become a “fiance,” it’s your responsibility to bring food to the sickee.
- Words With Friends is one of the best ways to pass your time, even if Aron and Tara completely kick your ass.
- Creeping blogs is another time killer. Until you literally fall asleep with your laptop open and sitting straight up.
- Apparently, American women hate the dude who is on the Bachelor this season. Who knew.
- Jillian Michaels is upping her game in hair and make-up department.
- Don’t wear fleece pants under a comforter if you have the “sweats.”
- Lola may be three pounds and do whatever you ask her to do, but that doesn’t mean she likes her Kleenex hat.
Day 8: No energy = no running
Day 9: No energy = no running