Today is the day! One of you will be named the lucky winner of a San Francisco Marathon race discount and a fantastic hoodie (which I’m kind of jealous of). As you may recall, I asked you to finish this sentence
Running is worth the __________.
There were so many fantastic answers that it literally made my day each time a new one came in. So many in fact, that I want to dedicate this blog post to all of you runners out there who are part hilarious and fantastic…all at once. So here is an ode to some of my person favorites:
- mileagemayvary: Running is worth the creepsters who honk
- CaitlinRose: Running is worth my ginormous calves that don’t fit into any boots
- Sharilyn: Running is worth the extra laundry!
- Rhea: Running is worth the black toenails, early mornings, and high race reg. fees!
- Mike Zines: “Running is worth the sore legs, blisters and cramps.” But still wearing the same size waist I wore in college is worth it!
- Paige S.: Running is worth the reduced cup size
- Erin L: Running is worth the old man who cheers me on everytime I run past his house.
- SachinT: Running is worth the final mile in a marathon.
- Leticia: Running is worth shaving my legs…even though it’s winter.
- Dave Miller: Running is worth all the time and effort to keep setting PR’s. My first marathon will be SF at age 60…Wahhoo. I can’t wait.\
But alas, only one of you can be the winner. Can I get a drum roll please….
Congratulations, Kimberly! Not only was your comment hilarious but the random number generator liked you too! Email me your size and address at twentysixandthensome[at]gmail[dot]com and I’ll ship your goodies.
Happy Friday everyone and happy running!
Day 32: 8 miles in the cold, dark fog