Question for you: how is it almost May?! Since January, I knew that April would be a crazy busy month and wouldn’t-ya-know-it, it’s almost done! Since we’re nearing the start of May, it’s a perfect time to reflect back on my 2011 goals and see where we stand.
You can read the original goal post here, but here’s a brief recap:
- Complete the Boston Marathon within my goal time – Complete! Well, I didn’t achieve my goal time but I’m considering this one a win.
- Complete the Boston to Big Sur challenge alive (more on this later) – This weekend! I’m starting to get nervous about this cold of mine (zero energy today), but I’m not going to let it stop me.
- Complete a half marathon in 1:30 or less – To be completed. Any recos on flat, fast courses for this bad boy?
- Track all of my running and run 2,011 miles in 2011 – Oh man, I logged the miles casually but not officially. Need to work on this.
- Re-learn to competitively bike and swim – Haven’t even touched this one. Hopefully soon!
- Stay INJURY FREE – Knock on wood…no injuries yet!
- Get MARRIED and honeymoon with Chicken Face in July 2011 – Soon!
- Find a new place to live (preferably something that is more than 600 sq. ft. and has a frickin’ bedroom door) – COMPLETE! I am so excited for this one as we now have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. In the Bay Area? Come visit! Now I just need to decorate.
- And some more personal ones that I’ll leave you guessing about – In progress!
Also, I vowed that my mantra for 2011 would be “to not let a moment pass me by.” There are days that I could do a better job at not complaining and treating everyday like it’s my last, but overall, I think that I’m really honoring this mantra. From weekend adventures, Boston, San Diego, wedding planning and more, my life is busier than even and I’m trying to soak in every moment.
To ensure that I keep marching forward to check off each one of these goals, it’s all about focus and maintaining my passion for running. To do this, I know I need to take some week-long breaks to rekindle my energy and with just a few days, I will be rested and ready to charge forward.
So now I turn to you, how have you been doing on your 2011 goals? I think that everyone should do a quarterly reflection post as it is helps remind you of what you so passionately jotted down in January. What goals have you completed? What goals do you still want to work on?
Oh, and because I hate posts without photos, here’s one to prove that achieving your goals is always glamorous. Look at that strapping trash bag ensemble, frizz and oh those manners!
P.S. This is the April post for my work with the Nike Make Yourself Movement.