Well, it’s official. I finally bit the bullet and registered for my A-race this fall: The Two Cities Marathon on Sunday, November 6, 2011.
To this moment, I’m still questioning what this experience will be like. A marathon in Fresno, California…whaaaaaat?! For those not from the area, many people say that…well…there is not much to do in Fresno. Being a gal who likes to make her A-races also a vacation, this will be a change from the norm.
However, while it may not be a big race, vacation spectacle, I’m looking forward to it for the following reasons:
- The course is flat and fast. Need I say more?
- 7 a.m. start. Not too early, not too late.
- It’s a small race – so hopefully the fight for the port-a-potties won’t be shitty (har har har)
- The race is close to home! My family has never come to one of my marathons, so I’m hoping they’ll come out for this one
- Given that there won’t be large crowds like Chicago or New York, I’m again hoping that my family will be my cheer support along the way – the best I could ask for
- The race is affordable (in comparison to other marathons).Only $75 for the full Marathon until July 31st
- I’ll get a hotel, but this won’t be anything near the ridiculous Boston prices and airfare
- And of course…the SWAG. Apparently participants receive, “technical long-sleeve event shirt, finisher’s hooded sweatshirt, custom medallion, hot breakfast, free massages and the signature ice cream sundae bar”
So there you have it! 129 days until I set out to achieve the goal that alluded me at Boston.
Tell me, are you running Two Cities?
If not, what’s your A-race for the fall?