This Weekend: The San Francisco Half Marathon

Sad, but true…no Friday Favs today. I know, I know, you’re sobbing right now. But in the midst of all of the wedding commotion there is something else brewing this weekend…you know what I’m talking about…

THE SAN FRANCISCO MARATHON!
(Well, the half marathon for me)

SFMarathon2_2010-1
Given my commitment to a few other priorities in my life, marathon training wasn’t feasible so I’ll be trotting down the Golden Gate Bridge in the first half marathon come Sunday. But what I’m more excited about is seeing all of you bloggies, meeting a few of you for the very first time, and supporting the race as a San Francisco Marathon ambassador. HOLLA!
girls
So here’s how the weekend will break down:

Sat., 8 a.m.: Lululemon Shake Out Run @ the Justin Herman Plaza. Join us for 1-3 miles and, who are we kidding, some of the best freakin’ vegan donuts you’ve ever had in the Ferry Building.

Sat., Noon – 5 p.m.: EXPO MANIA! Come say howdy to Aron and I at the Tech Center. First person to find us gets a high-five…ok, ok, everyone can have one.

Sun., 5:32 a.m.: Wave 2 start. Holy hell, that’s early! The good news is that means I’ll be done that much earlier. Breakfast anyone?

Goals:

As with any race, us bloggers usually post our goals before any race. The truth of the matter is that I simply have not trained how I would have wanted to. I blame Chicken Face and all of these marriage shenanigans. Thus, I’m planning on using this race as a fun training run for my current marathon training. Last year, I clocked the second half in 1:33:15. As much as it pains me to type this, I know that I won’t be able to do the same this year and I need to be ok with this. Breathe. Breathe. It’s ok. Breathe.

However, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and earning the first-ever Half It All bling blang will totally be worth it. Plus, Lola may make a special finish line appearance…

So here’s to all of you brave souls running the full, the half, and the 5K come Sunday. I can’t wait to see you out there and will be cheering each of you on!

Are you going to be at #SFM2011? If so, let me know!

P.S. You can check out all of the SF Marathon events here.

This entry was posted in SF Marathon. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to This Weekend: The San Francisco Half Marathon

1. Naomi says:

i’m running the second half. hope to see you – i am dying to meet lola!

2. Good luck this weekend! It looks like a lot of really fun things are planned so even though you won’t be getting a PR you will definitely have a great time!

WOOT! It’s my first marathon (crazy choice… riiiiiight!?) and I stumbled across your blog on the SFMarathon site and have been following it for a few months now!! SUPER STOKEDDDDDDDD and ready for this weekend!

4. Aron says:

SO EXCITED to see you at ALL those things! Tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow, the next day :) weeeeee!!

Also, the first half is harder anyways so there is your excuse right there ;) you will do great – just have fun and get that extra bling!

Have fun!

Yea, beating your time from last year will be rough on the 1st half marathon, the hills are intense (Fort Mason, Crissy Field, Presidio, and then rolling in the Richmond). I bet you will still do well, enjoy the race and see what happens.

And that half it all medal is probably the coolest medal that I’ve ever seen, enjoy that!

6. I’ll be running the first half too! I leave in just an hour or so for my plane!

7. danica says:

Wish I was up there this year! This is the first time in three years I’m not running it! :( Good luck to all you, don’t worry about time and have fun!

8. Allison says:

Hope you have a fun weekend! This race is on my to do list, hopefully I can make it out there in the next year or two!

9. Angie says:

Sounds like an extremely awesome race! Wish I was joining you! Good luck!!!! :)

10. Pretty sure that the wedding was worth making this a fun run, and I’m so sad I don’t get to come high five you at the expo! :)

1:33 half last year?? That’s so speedy!!

So many bloggers and awesome people running this, I’m jealous I won’t be out there, but I’m looking forward to all the recaps…good luck and enjoy!!

11. Meaghan says:

Have FUN this weekend!!! I’m sure it’ll be an awesome weekend, and you may just surprise yourself w/ a PR – never say never ;) Looking forward to the weekend recap/RR/Lola finish line picture (yeah, I went there…)

12. have fun and good luck!! what a week for you :)

13. nicole says:

good luck this weekend wifey! you will KILL it out there!!! :)

14. Good luck! Have an awesome time :). It looks like such a cool race !

15. Have fun with your lady friends! There will be more races to chase time goals in the future!

16. Rachel says:

have a blast! i love the sf marathon, wish i was running it this year. good luck!

17. Jack says:

i just signed up for REBEL RACE at rebelrace.com …can’t wait to run the 5k through boot camp style obstacles and crawl in the mud! My girlfriend’s crazier than I am- she’s doing the 15k! I’m so excited to run and go camping with my friends all weekend. They’re even giving me a free beer! Is anyone else doing this race??