It’s that time of year. The time that we look back and say, “Where the freak did 2011 go?!’” Once that thought has settled in, time to copy and paste the goals I jotted down 12 months ago and go through them, scratching my head wondering, wait, wait, that really all just happened this year?!
So here’s a look at my 2011 goals and their status:
2. Complete the Boston to Big Sur challenge alive: Check! Two marathons in two weeks and my legs didn’t fall off. I’d consider that winning.
3. Complete a half marathon in 1:30 or less: Close with a 1:30:22 at the NorCal half, but no cigar.
I just found this photo of Katie and I at the NorCal half. Perhaps if I spent more time focusing on my run and less about smiling for the camera, I’d be as kick ass as her.
4. Track all of my running and run 2,011 miles in 2011: Bahahahahahahhahahaha, that is a miserable fail. I am so bad about tracking my mileage, but with a coach now by my side and someone holding me accountable, things may change in 2012. Maybe.
5. Re-learn to bike and swim: A proud CHECK! I can honestly say that I feel like I’m getting stronger with each swim.
6. Stay INJURY FREE: LOL wouldn’t suffice here. Instead, I’m opting for a hardy guffaw. This one is a major FAIL.
7. Get MARRIED and honeymoon with Chicken Face in July 2011: CHECK, a million times over, CHECK! This day is still the happiest day of my life and these videos with our first dance song brings everything right back. Excuse me while I cry…
8. Find a new place to live (preferably something that is more than 600 sq. ft. and has a frickin’ bedroom door): Check! We are no longer in a studio, but now a 2 bedroom, 2 bath place. But 2012 is the year of buying our first place!
9. And some more personal ones that I’ll leave you guessing about I guess I kind of spilled the beans on that one…
How did your 2011 goals turn out?