Two Weeks & Triathlon Questions

Two weeks.

Two anxious, nerve-racking weeks from this moment, I will have hopefully crossed the finish line to this unbelievable journey that has been my quest to become an Ironman. AHHHHHHHH! I can hardly believe that we are here…and how much I have learned along the way. Training for an Ironman (well, technically two I suppose), has transformed me from a treadmill runner, to a cycling obsessed, run-a-holic (who still doesn’t care much for swimming), endurance junkie.

IMG_1127

Hey. That’s me. Doing what I always do: watching my watch.

As I’m preparing my mind for what’s to come, I realize that I have been a little bit absent over the past couple of weeks. I’ll fill you in on why a bit later, but for now I’d love to hear from you and share whatever two cents I may have gleaned over the past year and a half. What questions do you have about swimming, cycling, running, triathlon, nutrition, gear, Lola, gear, anything?

While you ask your questions, I’m putting my finishing touches on a new IMCDA playlist, a SOAS Race Kit review, and more.

This entry was posted in Training, triathlon and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Two Weeks & Triathlon Questions

1. Ariana says:

what do you eat for meals and snacks on an average day?

2. Mary says:

How do you fit in/baance the all the training + work + all the things in life that need to be done (grocery shopping, home maintenance, etc.)?

3. Kimra says:

What’s been the most surprising thing about Ironman training?
    What was different this year with IMCdA vs IMAZ (other than not being injured!)?
    How did triathlon training affect your running speed?
    How did you decide which Ironman course(s) to do and what were the big factors for you?

4. Rhea says:

How do you swim long distance without drinking? Do you chug water before your swim?
    What does Chicken Face do to help you spot him when he’s spectating?
    Have you added anything else to your recovery kit since your post about it?

5. Sarah OUaL says:

Do you have a finish line touchdown dance prepared?

6. Anne says:

I second the questions of Ariana and Mary!

I would love to hear what you did nutrition wise.

7. Wendy says:

When you look back at all the hours and hours of training you did, do you regret putting in that much time? Did you sacrifice husband time or family time? Also, how did you handle the task of training again after you trained for the first one and couldn’t participate because of your injury? How did you get back into the mindset to do it allll over again? Good luck! I don’t know you IRL, but I love reading your blog!

8. Becca says:

How do you balance family (or relationship) time and all that training?
    Where do you run to get in your distance? Do you do a different route every time?
    How do you fuel?
    How do you stay energized for work? Whenever I have a hard race (running) or do a long run, I’m usually totally pooped and out of it the next day at work!

9. I also want to know about nutrition, but my main question is: What will you do next?

10. I know these have already been asked, but in case you pick the ones most asked only, I’ll add these again. What do you eat on your super long bike rides? And also, where do you store all the food? And also, why IMCDA? Is it because it was open to register after getting injured for AZ? I’m pondering my two to three year outlook and wondering if I should plan to volunteer Florida or if CDA or LP or Louisville are doable…

11. Becca says:

Wait I have another question! What do you do about sunscreen? What brand or type works best, how many times do you reapply, and how do you put it on when you’re all sweaty and/or wet from swimming? …I burn really easily so I’d like to know this. :)

12. Ah- I can’t believe it’s less than two weeks! I’m beyond nervous but also super excited!!!
    I hear ya on still not enjoying the swimming!
    My only question would be- how excited are you to race?! And how are you going to spend the rest of your summer without IM training?! (I bet Chicken Face and Lola can’t wait!)

13. Anna says:

I have never owned a tri suit, just threw together tri shorts and some tank. What is your favorite for long distance races?

How did you learn to take such amazing Selfies?

15. I can’t believe you’re almost there! I love reading your posts. I am always so inspired. I think the most nerve racking parts for me would be open water swim and the transitions. I’d love to hear your tips on transitions.

16. Kiki says:

Are you really comfortable on your bike for 112 miles? I LOVE my road bike, and would not have a problem being pretty comfy for 100+ miles, but my Tri bike is NOT comfortable after about 35 mi. (and yes, I have been professionally fit). Maybe it’s my lack of flexibility in the neck/shoulders, maybe it’s my saddle, maybe it’s a variety of things…..but I was just wondering if riding in aero for that long will be a challenge for you? Any tips?

17. Alisa says:

When you got injured for IMAZ did you know you wanted to sign up for another one? Did you know that you didn’t want it to be IMAZ?

18. I look forward to your recap of the race. You will do fantastic! I loved that you shared what you eat cause it helps me when training for a tri in August. Its been a while since the last.