IRONMAN COEUR D’ALENE — CHECK!

Hello! It’s me, Page!

I’m up here on cloud nine right now and I don’t plan on coming down anytime soon, but I wanted to do a quick check-in. On Sunday, a dream that was a long time in the making finally came to fruition: I became an IRONMAN!

DSC_0263

Official Results: 12:14:21
19th AG / 109th Female / 664th Overall
(My Garmin read 12:09 — not sure what happened.)

The course was difficult, complete with plentiful climbing on both the bike and the run, but I’m feeling great today and my legs are just a bit sore. I’ll be posting a full recap soon, but nothing can quite explain the feeling of coming down that finisher’s shoot and the pure emotion that consumed me.

Thank you SO MUCH for all of your support over the past year and a half, as well as the overwhelmingly amazing tweets, comments and good vibes. I definitely felt the love and can’t wait to share details.

More to come soon!

This entry was posted in IMCDA and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to IRONMAN COEUR D’ALENE — CHECK!

1. Kim says:

I CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR RACE RECAP!!!!!!! So thrilled you had such an amazing race. You are such an inspiration, girl! How enjoy that time on that cloud and may you stay there forever :) xoxo

2. Katherine says:

AAH that photo gives me chills. Congratulations again on this milestone. You overcame so much and worked so hard!

3. YAYYYY!!!! Can’t wait for the race recap!

4. Mari says:

Awesome! Congratulations!!!

5. christa says:

congrats, IRONMAN!!! welcome to the club – it’s a lifetime membership, you know.
    the guy finishing with you is in my tri club here in Houston – too funny!!
    looking forward to the race recap.

6. You are so incredible!!!! Congrats a million times over. Excited to read your recap! :-)

7. abbi says:

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about the day!

CAN’T WAIT TO READ!!!

9. Frannie says:

I normally lurk, but I couldn’t help but comment and say GREAT JOB!!! You are so inspiring, I can’t wait to read the recap!

10. Hope says:

Seriously a tear welled up in my eye just now. I’m SO proud of you my heart is bursting. Love ya Page.

Hope

11. J says:

YAYYY! Congrats girl! You are totally awesome and I am so happy for you! I can’t wait to read all about it!

12. alyssa says:

So proud of you!!!!!!!

13. My mommy run says:

Congratulations!!! I have been following your training for the last 1.5 years and wanted to congratulate you! You did amazing and are quite an inspiration. Good luck with your new job. Also, I know you will have quite a future in this sport.

14. Hi Page!
    I found your blog through following the hashtag #IMCDA on instagram. I live in Spokane and always go out and watch IM every year. My running coach did CDA for the second time on Sunday. Anways, I LOVE your blog and just want to say how much you have inspired me. I have always been a runner that has talked about doing a triathlon, but never followed through. This last Christmas my husband bought me a road bike so I have been biking and running, but still haven’t attempted the swim. I am awful at swimming which is why I have never followed through with one of my goals. I specifically said one of my 2013 goals was to complete my first triathlon and someday cross IMCDA off of my bucket list. Yesterday I officially pulled out my bathing suit and signed up for a sprint triathlon in August. I am hoping that I don’t drown at the pool tonight, but I am excited about trying something new. My good friend did IMAZ this last year so she is going to put together a short training plan for me. I am so excited and nervous, but reading stories such as yours makes me more excited than anything.

I am looking forward to reading your race recap. Sunday was a fabulous day- couldn’t have asked for better weather!

PS- I am from Oregon originally, but have lived in Spokane for about 11 years. Portland is a fabulous area to live. There are tons of running groups, fun races and triathlons to sign up for. Most of my half marathons or marathons I run are in the Portland area. I am sure that the folks at Nike will point you in the right direction. :-)

15. Jen says:

Congratulations!!!! That is just so incredible. I can’t wait to read your full recap.

16. Becca says:

Yay! I’m looking forward to reading about it! What an awesome achievement!

17. Jen says:

Congrats on your amazing accomplishment, Page!

18. Morgan says:

I can’t wait to hear all about it!!! Congrats girl, you earned this twice over!

19. Margaret says:

Congrats! Looking forward to reading about it!

20. kimi says:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Page!

Congrats! And what a great finish line pic – you are airborne at the end of an ironman!

22. Lauren says:

CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so happy for you and I can’t wait to read the race recap!

23. Sarah S. says:

Can’t wait for the recap! Enjoy your rest and recovery!

24. I’ve already said it, but again amazing, awesome, wonderful!!

25. em says:

I’m so looking forward to your race recap!! I followed your day with a lot of excitement and your huge smiles in the pics your husband caught were so inspirational. Truly you did something you were meant to do. Enjoy your high – you have more than earned it!

26. Ali says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else is there to say?

27. Holly says:

Eeks!!! Congrats ironman!!!! I CAN’T wait to read your recap!

28. Lisa says:

Congratulations! Love the photo and can’t wait to read the recap.

29. Daniela S. says:

Congratulations, Page! I’m so looking forward to your race recap. The finish line photo is amazing. Do all Ironman athletes finish with a spring in their step, arms up in the air and I’m assuming a big smile on their faces? :)

30. Congratulations, Page! You should be SO proud of your amazing race!
    Can’t wait to read your recap.

31. Jenna says:

Congratulations!

32. Meggie says:

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!

33. erin says:

Whoop whoop! Congrats, iron{wo}man! Can’t wait to read about it!

34. Alisa says:

Yay! IronPage!

Looking forward to getting the dish in person.

35. Sibyl Govan says:

I was there volunteering! I saw you finish – You were freaking AMAZING! Congratulations on becoming an IRONMAN! HOOOORAHHH!!!

36. Caroline says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet it’s so amazing to say “I’m an ironman!!!” Enjoy the high!

37. Congrats!!! That is sooo amazing, I cannot express! I cant wait for your recap!

38. Marjolaine says:

Congratulations ! It is just amazing. I can’t even imagine how much you are happy and proud of you right now. I followed your journey into Ironman training through your blog. I was truly excited for you this week-end and thought about you Sunday. First thing I did Monday morning : checking the results to see if everything went well and you were now an Ironman.
    Thank you for sharing this journey with us. You are truly inspiring.
    I just read your swim recap and can’t wait to read the rest of it :-)

39. Meredith says:

I was watching the live finish video and happened to see you finish :) Many, many congrats! I’ve been following your IM blogging journey for over a year now – you earned it!

40. Alice says:

I’ve had the faint dream of an Ironman in the back of my head for awhile now.. but only having run two marathons and having basically no experience with ‘real’ swimming or ‘real’ biking it always seemed like something so far fetched. But watching your journey to become and Ironman has been SO inspirational (not saying that you didn’t have the skills prior to training for it!) and makes me think that maybe this dream isn’t so far off afterall…