The Post-Ironman Bug & The Big Move

You guys are too nice! Thank you so much for the love and I apologize I haven’t been able to respond or follow-up with my post-Ironman thoughts yet.

Ohh…my two seconds of fame in the IMCDA 2013 recap video.
I’m about 20 seconds getting my body marking. I’M FAMOUS MA!

As they warn, I’ve been hit with the post-Ironman bug. It’s like my body said, “Now that you’re done, I can finally release all of those viruses I’ve been holding back for so long and let them viciously attack you.”  Doing anything productive, or putting together a coherent sentence, takes far too much energy. My sloth-like self has downing copious amount of DayQuil while sprawling lazily across the couch, wishing that network TV would make better daytime programming.

In-between blowing my nose and hawking up God knows what, I’ve been preparing for my move to Portland…which is happening TOMORROW! Another thank you is due for everyone who has emailed me their personal Portland insight and recommendations – they are valued beyond belief.

IMG_1983

I moved to California from Nevada five years ago and have since grown to love this over-priced, yet beautiful adventure land. It’s where I fell back in love with running, grew into a triathlete, and met my best friends. This new adventure is rich with anticipation and excitement, but also sadness as I leave my friends and family.

Great rewards require great risk and I’m sticking with my 2013 resolution to live adventurously. I’ll be sure to report back on more Ironman thoughts soon and I hope you’ll stick with me as I share my next adventure…including training for my next goal.

Next time we chat, I’ll be checking in from the Pacific Northwest.

This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Post-Ironman Bug & The Big Move

1. Oh, wow, that video made me tear up. Also, I’m pretty sure I saw you riding your bike at 3:04!

Good luck with the move!

2. Beth says:

Live adventurously! I love that! Good luck with your move to Portland, I hope you love it.

3. Kara says:

Best of luck with the move, Page!! Can’t wait to hear about your newest adventures :)

Oh and I always get sick after big races too…get well soon!

4. Katherine says:

First of all, what is WITH getting sick after races, because it happens to me after almost every half (marathon, not Ironman… not quite on your level! haha). Best of luck with your move. This next exciting chapter holds great things for you!

5. Ali says:

Really important question regarding your move to Portland: Will you be requiring a wannabe-Ironman, very clean and accommodating roommate? I’m just saying, I’d be an awesome one. You could impart all your Ironman knowledge on me and we could frolic every day. Let me know. Moving to that gorgeous city (that I’ve never been to…) wouldn’t be the WORST thing.

Get well, move safe!

6. Wow- I can’t believe your big move is tomorrow! I’m really excited for you and know this adventure is going to be absolutely incredible!
    I can’t wait to see where you go in your career and racing. (And I like the teaser of your next goal…)

7. Good luck on your move! How exciting!

8. Sorry you’re so sick! I hope your move goes well! Still can’t wait to hear more about your race!

9. Kristin says:

That video is incredible. — what an amazing day. Congrats again and best of luck with the move.

10. Meghan says:

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I am in Seattle but have spent a fair amount of time in Portland. Let me know if you ever have any questions about the PNW. You are moving up here during the most beautiful time of the year!

11. Loved the video, thank you for sharing. Makes me THAT MUCH more INSPIRED to start training! Good luck tomorrow with your move. You will fall in love with PDX!

12. Caroline says:

Good luck on your move, and I hope all goes smoothly!

13. egb says:

Congrats on the moment of infamy! Sorry to hear you are sick. That is rough especially when moving.

14. Efo says:

Hey Page! Peter (@RussianBear) and a few other blogger folks introduced me to you/your blog because besides running, we seem to have something in common: we’re both moving to Portland! Well, I think you’re already there or almost there. My husband is moving there in a few weeks, and I’ll be following suit in Oct-Nov. It’s nice to “meet” you and maybe we can get together for a run in the future! Congrats on your IRONMAN, btw! That’s amazing!

15. I think post marathon or any endurance event it’s so easy to get sick…plus umm you had a few things happening :)
    so excited for you and the new adventure!!

16. I hope you feel better and best of luck with the move…can’t wait to hear about this new adventure!

17. JenJ says:

Good luck with all your plans, Paige. I think after CDA, you know you can take on anything. Also, that video got me all chocked up. Maybe one day. A gal can dream, right?! ;)

18. erin says:

That video makes me incredibly nervous, but also crazy excited for IM Canada! Gah!

Hope the move is treating you well! And, good luck at the new gig! We have an office in Portland, so perhaps I should plan a work trip :)

19. Jenna says:

You are so inspirational Page! Congrats on the Ironman and your new job :)