CIM: Week 7 & 8

Weeks 7 and 8 marked the jump from the base phase of training to pre-marathon training. It also marked what I what I would call the, “Oh shit. Summer is over. Here comes the rain…” phase.

Untitled

Luckily, Chicken Face and I missed Poseidon’s rising in Portland and celebrated Nicole and Mike’s nuptials in San Diego instead. I’m intentionally not posting any photos of the stunning bride and instead here’s the “I only know three people at this wedding…but whatever” face.

Untitled

But as the mornings get darker and my days of California sun are waning, I’m reevaluating my running wardrobe (enter the purchase of this new jacket and these running tights), gathering my early morning running determination, and amping up my mileage to run my first 16 miles since IMCDA.

Also of note is my mad salad stacking skills. When it’s by size and not weight, I accept the challenge of stacking the most in the smallest container so I can be cheap.

Untitled

Fall is here people. Let’s DO THIS.

Mon., 9/23: 30 min. easy run + cross train

Tues., 9/24: McMillan’s Fartlek Workout: 15 to 20 minute warm-p + Fartlek Workout: 6 to 8 times 2 minutes at 5k effort with 1 minute recovery jog + 15 to 20 minute Cool-down

Wed., 9/25: 40 min. easy run + Athletic Yoga

Thurs., 9/26: Accidental rest day

Fri., 9/27: 16 mile run to work

Sat., 9/28: Wedding dance-off

Untitled

Sun., 9/29: Post-wedding 5K (cutest idea ever)

Untitled

Mon., 9/30: 30 minute easy run + Cross Train

Tues., 10/1: Nike track workout. What this photo doesn’t show is the ridiculous hail storm we ran in.

Untitled

Wed., 10/2: Trail run with Jen (who looks just like Heidi Klum..I hate her already. KIDDING!) + Athletic Yoga

Untitled

Thurs., 10/3: 40 minute run

Fri., 10/4: Swim

Sat., 10/5: McMillan’s Progression Run: Run the first 3rd of the run easy, the middle 3rd – medium, and the last 3rd – medium to hard.

Untitled

Sun., 10/6: 3 miles sprinting trying to find Jen at the Portland marathon, missed her, then running 5 miles to the finish line to ensure I wouldn’t miss her finish. So basically, just running around the marathon course in search of Jen.

Congratulations! You read the most random post ever.
Now it’s your turn: tell me something totally random.

This entry was posted in Life, running, Training, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to CIM: Week 7 & 8

1. Asia says:

DANCE OFF!!! Many calories were burned that night., so it definitely constitutes a workout.

2. outside time says:

That track is siick. Is it a track made to look like woods? Or is it woods with track markers on the path?

3. Ralph says:

I have two baby teeth – random enough?

4. Ryann says:

I love reading your posts, even if they are random!

5. Sil says:

Ok. Random: I just got my new iPhone 5S :) ha!

6. Emily says:

Those weddings can sometimes be the most fun, when you don’t know anybody. There’s no one to remind you of what a clown you made of yourself years later!

Random … I sent my husband to the store, and he came back with a dirty thirty of Miller Light. I was annoyed, then I realized I really wanted a beer. Now I’m cool with it.

7. Ali says:

Did you know that fruit flies have the largest sperm of any animal? My partner’s a research scientist, so I’m full of random facts about fruit fly sex at the moment! Ha!

Anyway, lovely photos, and amazing training! I love reading your blog–it makes me excited about training. :)

8. erin says:

So jealous of your running locations! I’m having a hard time accepting that winter is around the corner and have been running in shorts no matter what the temp. Also, love that you run to work… perfect way to start the day!

9. Oh my gosh – I love the post 5K wedding idea! Seriously so cute. Glad your training is going well, though I’m sad to not see pictures of the wedding! I’m dying to see how it all turned out for Nicole! I guess I’ll just keep being patient ;)

I love the photo of the wedding!!! Looked like a fun party ;) Thanks again for making the trip out there! I’m glad you still had fun despite knowing 3 people (2 of which were the bride and groom).
    XOXOXOX