The Coeur Sports 2014 Elite Team

While the list of things to do is still a mile long, I have to take a break to share some very exciting news.

Unlike every other person in my Facebook newsfeed, no, I’m not pregnant. No, I did not buy a house. No, I did not win Mega Millions. Who are we kidding, if I won Mega Millions you’d likely not hear from me for a very, very long time.

But I do feel pretty lucky in that I am joining the Coeur Sports 2014 Elite triathlon team!

I am excited to join this new family of incredibly talented female athletes and to join a company that has entrepreneurship, mentorship and a drive to dream big at heart.

Does Coeur have great products? Of course! Do other teams have solid gear? Most definitely! But I wanted to share why I made the jump to be part of this new family.  Yes, the free gear is awesome and makes my life that much easier – I would be lying if that wasn’t a great perk. But more than the product, it’s the people.

If you’ve followed me from the beginning of my triathlon journey or if you’re new here, I don’t hide my triathlon fears. From my (still present) open water anxiety issues, to my first group ride fears, to lacking the self-confidence, to be calling a Fred and then the Wall Street Journal posting about my “Fred” experience – making a jump into a new sport is flat out scary.

But through social media, I found myself tweeting, Facebooking, and emailing a handful of inspirational (that adjective is an understatement) women who in my eyes were the epitome of “kick ass.” Even as a noob, they never shunned me or mocked my questions (as I have been so often in the past), but instead they took the time to listen, invite me on adventures, connect me with the right people, comment on my blog and cheer me along the entire way.

In a world where women far too often fail to support each other and in a sport where competition is at its core, to be welcomed, mentored and supported is refreshing, reassuring and appreciated.

So when some of these same women invited me to join the Coeur 2014 Elite team, it was clear. Yes, the product is top notch, but even more than that, I want to surround myself with these types of people. The kind that aren’t afraid to start from scratch, the kind that want to dream big, and most importantly, the kind that welcome the newbies, ambassadors, elites and pros all with the same open arms.

I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store and I hope you have the happiest of holidays.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Coeur Sports 2014 Elite Team

1. Congrats Page! This is so exciting! I do have to ask, why the switch from SOAS?

• PageWilliams says:

Hey Shannon, I saw your tweets about your question as well. My honest answer is what I said in the post above. :)

• I guess I’m only pressing to find an answer because I really like the kits from SOAS but don’t want to support a company that does not support its customers and athletes. It’s obvious given the number of athletes that switched that something happened and this concerns me a little. Not trying to cause trouble or anything :)

• Irina says:

Bingo Shannon! (from my perspective anyway) I used to be a big fan of SOAS, but not anymore. Their kits are very good quality though, no doubt about it.

2. Kimra says:

Hey, congrats to you! That’s a seriously awesome set of ladies on that team. I can’t wait to see how much ass you all kick.

I share Shannon’s questions above about SOAS, and I can read between the lines of your post, I guess, but it’s kind of a bummer for me as someone who learned about them initially through blogger promotion. (Your raves about the tri shorts were what finally convinced me to try them, and I love them, though now I feel kind of sketchy about it.) It’s pretty stunning to see such an exodus, but maybe that speaks for itself. I hope you will post some good, thorough, honest Coeur reviews like you did for SOAS!

3. Congratulations Page! I’m excited for this team for you. It sounds like a great group of people you’re going to be a part of. I read a few of their blogs and am constantly impressed; you’re in great company! Can’t wait to learn more about this company as well!

4. Caroline says:

Congrats, and what an exciting step for you as you close out this year and enter a new one!

5. Sara says:

Congrats Page!! That is so exciting!

6. Awesome!! So exciting! Can’t wait to see what races you are doing this (next) year!!

Congrats!!! Sounds like a great fit ! So happy for you!

8. Congrats!! I signed up for a half ironman for next year, so obviously I’m already looking for gear…I initially checked out the brand you were involved with last year, so I’m looking forward to your opinions on the Coeur apparel as well! (Although I do echo the same question as others had above considering it seems like a lot of triathletes made the switch!)

9. huuuuuge congrats and I hope you’ll be open to all the questions this noob has :)

10. Amanda says:

So exciting! Can’t wait to read all about it. Congratulations.

11. Kristen L says:

Congratulations Page!! Coeur seems like such a great company to work with! I’m looking forward to seeing what is in store for you this year.

12. Becca says:

That’s awesome Page! I can’t wait to read about it. I’m looking to do my first duathlon in February and I find your blog very inspirational. I don’t even have a road bike so I’m a definite Fred. ;)