LAKE STEVENS 70.3: WEEK 6

Baby Hoppin’ [bey-bee-hop-in]; verb: the act of D.I.N.K.S spending an entire weekend in their hometown, bouncing back and forth between new nephews and nieces, while fending off prying questions from elders regarding the state of one’s ovaries.

That about sums up week six.

It’s evident that adult life is full of phases. There was the college graduation phase, the engagement phase, the wedding phase and now we’re officially in a “everyone I know is either pregnant, just had a baby or is currently tracking their ovulation” phase. And it’s spreading like wildfire.

Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of these little new bundles of joy and I think I have it even better than their parents. Love ‘em, spoil ‘em and do all the fun stuff.  But I think I’m just still struggling to accept that we’ve come to that phase in our lives; I’m supposed to still sit at the kid table, not have kids at the kid table, dammit!

UntitledWait, wait, I do have a kid.
See, she likes Sunday morning brunch as much as the rest of us (minus the mimosas).

As juvenile as this entire post is making me sound, I was beyond excited to see my (now extended) family over week six and get in training in vastly different conditions. From not being able to feel my fingers after running mile repeats at elevation and in the cold, to a long run in my first heat wave of the season (80+ degrees), I felt like I was checking off my training extremes list.

The more I face these challenges during training, the more I know I’ll be mentally prepared should they occur come race day. Extreme cold? Been there. Extreme heat? Yes, I can handle it. Mental training at its finest and one of the most undervalued strengths…that is, until I have to run in 80 degrees again.

I closed out week 6 with:
7:38 hours training:
7,900 yards swimming
15.3 miles cycling
26.2 miles running
15 minutes core/rolling

This entry was posted in Training. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to LAKE STEVENS 70.3: WEEK 6

1. Neel says:

Indeed mental training seems to be underrated. But I guess you are hitting the nail on its head. Way to go girl.

2. Emily says:

Haha, I am the friend that is pioneering the baby thing for everyone else. But no pressure from me, savor your childlessness! Wait forever!

Boo, 80 degrees runs. I am not a fan of running in the heat, either.

3. None of my close-close-close friends are having babies yet, but my Facebook feed is full of pictures from friends, especially people who I graduated from high school with. I also can’t believe I’m at that time in my life, mainly because I’m personally so far from having kids! They are cute to play with though, I wouldn’t mind playing aunt!

4. Bwahahaha, I love the term “baby-hopping!” And seriously, why do so many people think that my ovaries are their business? It’s very frustrating. I love my friends’ kids and am happy to play with them, but that doesn’t mean that I necessarily want my own right now. *grumble* Nice week of training!

5. OHHH you are reading MAF, let me know what you think!!! I’ve been doing it for awhile and it really worked well for me in this last race, guess we’ll see what happens over the summer {GAHH FL humidity}

6. Kim says:

OMG I totally hear you on the babies situation, it’s insane! I have 4 nieces and 1 nephew, with more probably on the way! It’s so fun playing with these new little bundles and spoiling them, but I’m with you – I am definitely not ready! Looks like a great week of training and nice work on all of those swimming yards! Did you get your teeny tiny paddle situation worked out?!

7. Katie says:

Hey Page!

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out on my blog :) http://theprojectneon.com/2014/03/23/liebster-award-passing-the-love-on/

8. Katie says:

Haha! Glad you had fun! No rush to have your own. Enjoy the present. :)

9. Claire says:

As Anna Kendrick tweeted recently, “It still blows my mind that I’m at an age where if I got pregnant people would be happy for me.”

10. Replica Rolex Outlet

Your means of explaining the whole thing in this post is genuinely
    nice, all be able to without difficulty know it, Thanks
    a lot.

11. I feel this EXACT same way. I’m having the hardest time swallowing that pill, and luckily I just say, “I’m training for an Ironman! We’ll talk about it later!” when people question it right now. I guess once that’s done it will come more into the forefront. I definitely still need my seat at the kids table, and I think it would be odd if I was sitting there next to a child of my own…

12. Whhy people still use to read news papers when in tnis technological globe the whole thing is
    accessible on net?

13. The Blonde says:

I’m totally there with you on the kid sitch. And now, in our early/mid 30′s, all of our friends are having baby #2. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing these babies! I love going to their 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th birthdays! But the questions…sheesh! :)

14. Hannah says:

Hello! My name is Hannah and I just started a blog about my life living with chronic pain, and running through it! I would be grateful if you would go and check it out and tell everyone you know about it! I’m excited to share my story, spread awareness for chronic illness and inspire others! :)

runningwithchronicpain.weebly.com

15. Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my younger sister is
    analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to convey her.

16. Shelly Fox says:

Hey there! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up for your
    great info you’ve got right here on this post. I am coming back to
    your web site for more soon.

17. Aaliyah says:

This means that if damage has happened or decay has set in a qualified cosmetic
    dentist will have the professional skills to create a new
    smile for you. A popular treatment is to fill the spaces
    in the pearly whites and extend the pearly whites that are curved or infrequent.
    The condition of your teeth and your desired result often will indicate the best procedure
    for you.