Cake photos > iPhone Spotify playlist photos
It’s August. It’s AUGUST. WHAT? IT’S AUGUST?!?!?
While I sit over here in denial that the summer somehow happened, I’m also pretty damn pumped.
I’m pumped because I made these early-birthday mini, banana, pineapple, dairy-free get-in-my-belly-now cakes. Laugh at the recipe all you want, but I don’t own three cake pans to make a layer cake, so making a sheet cake and using a cocktail shaker top to cut out the layers is what I call delicious efficiency. The frosting is a separate recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Minimalist Baker, and has plenty of vegan butter and zero dairy. My gut is pleased.
I’m also pumped because I got a birthday present for you: the August 2016 TSATS Runs Playlist! I’ll warn you now, it’s a mish-mash of genres and eras, and I’m no Calvis Harris, but it’s just damn fun music to run to. Special call-outs to:
- Beast Mode is a complete trip that makes me highly uncomfortable, but something about it is catchy as hell.
- Girls @ is really inappropriate, but I love because of, “Where the mid-size girls at?”
- Why Georgia is an acapella remix of multiple John Mayer songs that feel like high school.
So here’s the plan for the week:
- Make the mini birthday cakes above
- Eat said birthday cakes
- Turn on the August 2016 TSATS Runs playlist
- Go for said run
- Return and eat more cake
See, it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Looking for more running playlists? Check out past months’ playlists here: