Now that I’m into my second trimester, I practically have a PhD in all things pregnancy.
HA. HA. HA. Dear diary, today Page told a very funny joke…
But if I can impart what little pregnancy wisdom I do have, even if it helps one person discover the best mac ‘n cheese there ever was, then I can consider my job here done. So here’s a look at my must-haves for the first trimester of pregnancy (and the good news is that you can keep it simple and still make it through to the other side).
- Netflix. Because I’m pretty sure there were multiple weekends that I couldn’t fathom getting up off the couch.
- New Chapter Prenatal Vitamins. Growing a human is no time to skimp on quality vitamins or cheap fillers. Plus, GP herself recommends this brand.
- Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese. My first trimester MVP. The white cheddar shells only, please.
- Barre3 Online Membership. Getting my ass out of bed, in the cold darkness, feeling like total garbage was hard enough, let alone mustering up the energy to workout. Barre3’s low-impact approach was exactly what I needed to get my energy levels back up when I felt like the world’s greatest sloth.
- Prenatal DHA. Again, get the good stuff for your tiny human (even if it means you have to skimp on other life luxuries) and make sure their brain has all the nutrients it needs.
- Bellaband. By the end of the first trimester, the rubber band trick to keep my pants closed was no longer an option. Enter the belly band to help you stay in your jeans as long as possible.
Less is more here, people. Depending on your morning sickness, you can try different solutions, but mine was honestly just sleep and crackers. And as grown adults, I’ll trust that you know where to get those. Anything else you’d add to the list?