12.31.02 - Washington Resolution Run
01.19.03 - San Diego Marathon
07.13.03 - Tri For Real #2
10.23.05 - Nike Women's Half Marathon
11.23.06 - Sparks Turkey Trot
05.05.07 - Marathon de Mayo (Half)
05.13.07 - Moms on the Run
10.??.07 - Nike Women's Half Marathon
05.10.08 - Moms on the Run
06.21.09 - Pleasanton Spirit 5K
07.29.09 - San Francisco Half Marathon
10.04.09 - SJ Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon
10.18.09 - Nike Women's Half Marathon
11.01.09 - New York Marathon
11.26.09 - Spark's Turkey Trot 10K
02.20.10 - Bay Breeze Half Marathon
03.14.10 - Shamrock 'N Half Marathon
03.21.10 - LA Marathon
03.27.10 - Scheel's Fanatic 5K
04.25.10 - Marin County Half Marathon
05.02.10 - Reno Rock 'N River Half Marathon
06.05.10 - See Jane Run Half Marathon
07.25.10 - San Francisco Half Marathon
09.05.10 - Pier to Peak Half Marathon
10.10.10 - Chicago Marathon
10.30.10 - Healdsburg Half Marathon
11.07.10 - U.S. Half Marathon
11.25.10 - Scheels Turkey Trot 10K
02.06.11 - Surf City Half Marathon
03.13.11 - Dublin Shamrock 5K
04.18.11 - Boston Marathon
05.01.11 - Big Sur Marathon
06.11.11 - Lake Tahoe Relay
07.31.11 - San Francisco Half Marathon
09.11.11 - Walnut Festival Run 5K
09.18.11 - NorCal Half Marathon
11.24.11 - Scheels Turkey Trot
12.03.11 - Las Vegas Santa Suit 5K
12.04.11 - Las Vegas Half Marathon
03.11.12 - South Bay Duathlon
03.25.12 - Oakland Half Marathon
05.20.12 - Morgan Hill Sprint Triathlon
06.24.12 - Silicon Valley Intl. Triathlon
07.15.12 - Ironman 70.3 Vineman Triathlon
03.09.13 - Lucky 13 Half Marathon
04.28.13 - Eugene Half Marathon
05.11.13 - Folsom International Triathlon
5k:19:17 @ Dublin Shamrock 5k 2011
10k: 41:01 @ Scheel's Turkey Trot 2010
Half:1:30:07 @ Oakland Half 2012
Full: 3:31:44 @ Boston Marathon 2011
70.3: 5:20:07 @ Vineman 2012
Tag Archives: garmin
I’d like to call it a blog birthday present to myself, but who am I kidding, we all know that Chicken Face wouldn’t let that fly.
No, instead I’m going to position it as an upgrade/trade-off. You see, after last weekend’s tri where I was less than pleased with my watch situation, I bit the bullet and purchased the new Garmin 910XT.
I hate this photo. I look horribly cheesy and shiny, but it’s the only one.
This baby is a true multi-sport watch and literally does things that no other multi-sport watch in the world can do. I’m talking calculating swim pace, swim distance, seamless transition features, and a long-lasting battery life…all while being uber-sleek and sexy.
Let me be the first to tell you that this thing isn’t discounted ANYWHERE. I think I reached the end of the Internet trying to find a deal or a discount code that would work, but alas, I came up empty-handed. So instead, I promised to make the following sacrifices/cuts in order to justify $399 on the new Garmin 910 XT:
- I’m selling my Garmin 405. There’s simply no need for that many watches and I can hopefully get an extra $100 to apply towards to 910.
- I used a $50 gift certificate to a local Fleet Feet that I received as a birthday present. I knew I was saving that sucker for a reason.
- I vowed not to go to Starbucks on weekdays anymore, emphasis on “weekdays.”
- I told Chicken Face that I would temporarily stop bugging him about replacing the atrocious desk in the guest room. Emphasis on “temporarily.”
- I purchased the version without the heart monitor (saved another $50) as I can still use the heart monitor that I have from my even older 305.
- I purchased it on my cash back credit card so at least there’s a couple dollars coming back my direction
- The whole “I want to get new clothes and start dressing for success at work” bit? Well, that’s not happening anytime soon.
- I’m going to sell locks of my hair to aging troll dolls.
- I’m open to renting Lola to single dudes looking to pick up women downtown in one hour increments. Wait, wait…maybe not.
- I’m going to stomp my feet and scream, “But DADDY, I want a golden egg NOOOOW.”
Triathlon training is EXPENSIVE (this is another post entirely), but it’s the sport I chose which means I’m willing to make sacrifices along the way to be able to get the gear that I need/want.
I can’t wait to try out this new beauty and overanalyze all of the data that comes with it.
What sports gear have you invested in?
Did you have to cut in other areas to be able to afford it?