12.31.02 - Washington Resolution Run
01.19.03 - San Diego Marathon
07.13.03 - Tri For Real #2
10.23.05 - Nike Women's Half Marathon
11.23.06 - Sparks Turkey Trot
05.05.07 - Marathon de Mayo (Half)
05.13.07 - Moms on the Run
10.??.07 - Nike Women's Half Marathon
05.10.08 - Moms on the Run
06.21.09 - Pleasanton Spirit 5K
07.29.09 - San Francisco Half Marathon
10.04.09 - SJ Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon
10.18.09 - Nike Women's Half Marathon
11.01.09 - New York Marathon
11.26.09 - Spark's Turkey Trot 10K
02.20.10 - Bay Breeze Half Marathon
03.14.10 - Shamrock 'N Half Marathon
03.21.10 - LA Marathon
03.27.10 - Scheel's Fanatic 5K
04.25.10 - Marin County Half Marathon
05.02.10 - Reno Rock 'N River Half Marathon
06.05.10 - See Jane Run Half Marathon
07.25.10 - San Francisco Half Marathon
09.05.10 - Pier to Peak Half Marathon
10.10.10 - Chicago Marathon
10.30.10 - Healdsburg Half Marathon
11.07.10 - U.S. Half Marathon
11.25.10 - Scheels Turkey Trot 10K
02.06.11 - Surf City Half Marathon
03.13.11 - Dublin Shamrock 5K
04.18.11 - Boston Marathon
05.01.11 - Big Sur Marathon
06.11.11 - Lake Tahoe Relay
07.31.11 - San Francisco Half Marathon
09.11.11 - Walnut Festival Run 5K
09.18.11 - NorCal Half Marathon
11.24.11 - Scheels Turkey Trot
12.03.11 - Las Vegas Santa Suit 5K
12.04.11 - Las Vegas Half Marathon
03.11.12 - South Bay Duathlon
03.25.12 - Oakland Half Marathon
05.20.12 - Morgan Hill Sprint Triathlon
06.24.12 - Silicon Valley Intl. Triathlon
07.15.12 - Ironman 70.3 Vineman Triathlon
03.09.13 - Lucky 13 Half Marathon
04.28.13 - Eugene Half Marathon
05.11.13 - Folsom International Triathlon
5k:19:17 @ Dublin Shamrock 5k 2011
10k: 41:01 @ Scheel's Turkey Trot 2010
Half:1:30:07 @ Oakland Half 2012
Full: 3:31:44 @ Boston Marathon 2011
70.3: 5:20:07 @ Vineman 2012
Tag Archives: name
I feel like this should be my People magazine baby cover where I reveal the name of my new baby and am Photoshopped to a point of unrecognizability. With my pixelated complexion and adoring husband peering over my shoulder to gaze down at the new baby, the headline would read…
Page & Chicken Face Welcome Latest Addition…Dora
The tabloids would be in a tizzy and Ryan Seacrest would be calling me asking why on earth would I pick Dora as the name of my new baby. Tisk, tisk, Ryan, haven’t you been reading the blog? Surely Betty White would appreciate the choice of such a “classic” name and a certain Nick Jr. character would be honored with my selection.
That’s right folks, I finally chose what to name my beloved baby, my two wheeled-compadre, and my new best friend. My bike, Dora the Explora’ (please pronounce “Explora” not “Explorer” – I have copyright infringement to deal with and I need street cred.)
Why did I choose Dora as the name of my beloved? Allow me to count the ways:
- If my bike was male, I’d name him Fred because of this. But I was blessed with a female bike with Tiffany Blue tape and I needed a classic, four-letter name to honor my Fred-ness.
- I am horrible with directions. So bad that you would never want me on your Amazing Race team. And when I thought about Dora The Explorer, that girl is just about as clueless as I am when it comes to directions as she’s always screaming for that damn MAP! MAP! MAP! We’re like two peas in a pod, except I use my iPhone map.
- As useless as Dora the Explorer is with directions, she still likes to go on adventures and any five-year-old who is down with exploring scary jungles and speaking Spanglish is cool with me. I’m looking forward to the adventures that my Dora The Explora’ will take me on.
- Dora is Latina, I’m Latina (half Chilean, in fact)…so you know…it just makes sense.
- Dora has a monkey as a best friend. I have a Chicken Face and a Yorkie.
- Any girl who wears the same orange shorts and purple t-shirt day after day must be training for an Ironman. No time for fashion. But we do need to talk to her about that exposed stomach – what a hoochie.
- Velcro shoes. Enough said.
Thanks for all of your suggestions and a special shout out to Holly for also recommending Dora as a name!
What’s your bike’s name? Or maybe you’ve named your Garmin?